This product has been discontinued and remains here for reference only. Please feel free to contact us with any questions concerning. Thank You
For the new & updated version of this template, please check out the NEW! Field Template™ Rules English Metric Stencil
Over the years we've had reactions to the Field Template™ from lighting designers around the world.
"I say, old chap, why don't you produce a template with international symbols?
"Mon cherie, even though the scales are similar, we need a template that is based on the metric scale.
Well, to all our international friends, we say "Wait no more!"
Introducing the Continental Field Template™, the template used 'round the world. The Continental Field Template™ is currently available in 1:25 metric scale (roughly equivalent to 1/2" scale):
• First, we grouped the symbols into their appropriate categories, allowing for easier recognition.
• Then we distributed the symbols onto a metered grid.
• The pre-spaced distance between symbols is 50 centimeters, using the award-winning ProGrid System.
• The surrounding grid is based on 10 centimeter increments, so that symbols can be drawn with any measured distance between each other without the use of a scale.
• As usual, the symbols are also aligned so that the thick horizontal line indicates a batten, the hang point for each instrument.
• In addition to that, we've provided the generic beam spread for each symbol to allow for easy reference.
This initial offering of the Continental Field Template™ is produced in French, but more languages and variations on the symbols are on the way. The Field Template™ system of drafting, allowing accurate light plots to be drafted faster and cleaner, is picking up international momentum.