The Marconi Wireless DMX Splitter (Marconi SP) receives all 512 channels (one universe) of DMX512 using 2.4 GHz spread spectrum technology and provides three isolated DMX512 outputs.
Marconi products use the W-DMX system (invented by Wireless Solutions in Sweden) which allows up to 16 transmitters and any number of receivers to be used simultaneously in a single venue. Since any Marconi receiver can listen to any W-DMX transmitter, there has to be a way to tell each receiver which transmitter to listen to. This is accomplished by Assigning or Linking the Marconi to a transmitter. The transmitter assignment information is held in non-volatile memory so if the user has only one W-DMX transmitter (or keeps his systems separate), the configuration process described below will only have to be done once.
To assign (link, bind, etc.) the Marconi splitter to a transmitter:
- - Both the Marconi SP and W-DMX transmitter must be powered up and within range of each other.
- - Using a paper clip, press and hold the recessed CONFIG button on the Marconi SP until the ASSIGNED indicator goes off (about 5 seconds). This will unassign the Marconi SP from any other transmitter.
- - On the W-DMX transmitter this receiver is to listen to, press and release the configuration button. (This button may be labeled CONFIG, LINK, ASSIGN, FUNCTION, etc. depending on the manufacturer). The W-DMX transmitter will then broadcast a signal telling all unassigned W-DMX receivers, to assign themselves to this transmitter.
- - If successful, the Marconi SP ASSIGNED and RF LINK indicators will illuminate.
Specifications: Power in: 100-240 VAC, 10 Watts Color: Black with laser engraved nomenclature Size & weight: 1.7"h X 5"d X 6"w, 2 pounds Mounting:
- Output circuit: EIA-485 slew rate limited driver protected by two self resetting fuses and two transient absorbing diodes.
- - DMX512: Gold plated 5 pin Neutrik Pin 1: Common, Pin 2: Data-, Pin 3: Data+, Pins 4&5: n/c (3 pin connectors are optional)
- - Antenna: Gold plated Reverse Polarity SMA connector
- Antenna: A 2dB whip antenna is supplied. Gain antennas are available to increase the reception range.
- User controls: Recessed CONFIG button. Activated using bent paper clip (not supplied).
- - Red: POWER
- - Blue: ASSIGNED, illuminates when the unit is assigned to a transmitter
- - Yellow: RF LINK, illuminates when the assigned transmitter is on and within range
- - Green: DMX512, illuminates when DMX512 is available at the output
- - A 1/2" hole is provided for C clamp or half coupler mounting
- - Two 3/8" X 3/4" slots are provided for safety cables or other mounting techniques.