The Start Code Stripper is designed to plug anywhere inline where RDM (Remote Device Management) data is undesirable.
As the new RDM enhancement to DMX512 gains acceptance, some older DMX512 products may stop working properly. This is because RDM uses 'Alternate Codes'. While older DMX512 products are supposed to ignore these alternate codes, some may not. Enter the Start Code Stripper which blocks these alternate codes. We hope you never have Alternate Code problems, but if you do, Doug Fleenor Design has a solution.
- Input/Output circuit: 75179 RS-485 Transceiver
- Input signal: 3 volts minimum, 12 volts maximum
- Connectors: Switchcraft 5 pin "XLR" style (3 pin optional)
- Power input: 100 - 240Volts, 50/60 Hertz, 5 watts
- Color: Silver connector shell with yellow plastic label
- Weight: 0.8 pounds